Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Audience is important

When deciding on what text to use to help me with my inquiry research, I opted to revisit an article that we have already read and discussed. This article is Ede and Lundsford’s Audience Addressed/Audience Invoked. I chose to re-read this because the more I think about the topic I have selected for my Inquiry Project, the more I feel as though the greatest way to make my paper successful is to really put thought into who my target audience is. My topic may be interesting and appealing to many members of the "general public," however; being that it relates to children and education, I feel strongly that there is a certain audience I should be shooting for.
Ede and Lundsford’s article reminded me that I need to be aware differences between audiences and that I should select one specific group of people in which I wish to affect. Doing this can only lead to a successful, well thought out paper.

No comments: